Sunday, September 11, 2016

Starting on a big painting


I am starting on a large watercolor. It is 60 x 20 inches. The subject matter is the suburban landscape that I see all around me every day. Especially when I am out running or walking, I am always struck by the colors, the shadows, the shapes, the contrasts between manmade structures and intersecting planes of lush greenery. I will try and keep you updated on my progress. It is so big, I had to clean up an old dirty bench we had outside as it was the only surface big enough to hold the paper.

For local folks, the scene I am painting is looking south down Poplar Estates Parkway near where Surrey intersects. I am using artistic license to remove some cars and move some trees around, but it will be pretty recognizable when I finish.

And, as always, my paintings are organic, whole wheat, gluten free and guaranteed to make you lose weight along with a program of diet and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment