Sunday, November 22, 2015

Arts and Crafts Show summary

It was a lot of work to get ready, setup and takedown, but overall, it was worth it. I sold several paintings, notecards, and drawings and put several on hold for delivery later. I also got one sure commission and several maybe's. In one case a buyer bought three paintings online before the show when she saw my announcement about the show. Then she came by my house the day after and bought three more!

What kept me very busy was doing drawings of children's faces. Our idea was to draw people into my booth by offering pencil portraits for $5.00 each. At several points during the day, they were lined up to get their child's portrait...some with three or four kids each. However, I don't remember selling any paintings from this.

I had printed a three-fold color brochure and had an FAQ sheet to give out... for whatever that is worth. I didn't give out near as many of these as I had anticipated.

Here are some photos of the event. 

My Booth.




Here are just a few of the many kids faces I drew.








At one point, a mother wanted me to draw both her boys together, but one of them was just out of infancy and could not hold still. She gave him a smartphone with a movie playing and I was just able to capture his likeness in between squirms.




No comments:

Post a Comment