Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Algonquin Park Paintings

I sat on islands deep in the heart of Algonquin Provincial Park in Canada and painted each of these directly. I used lake water to spread and mix the paint. This is what is called plein aire painting. We canoed in to these spots, set up camp, and I pulled my painting supplies out of my backpack. This is the real thing. If you buy one of these paintings and hold it up to your nose, you may be able to smell Canada itself.


Root Fingers, Algonquin Park
5 x 7 in. Pen and ink plus watercolor on 140 lb arches watercolor paper.



Algonquin Hillside
7 x 5 in. Pen and ink plus watercolor on 140 lb arches watercolor paper.



Roots and Rocks, Algonquin
5 x 7 in. Pen and ink plus watercolor on 140 lb arches watercolor paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment